View Single Post
      03-16-2016, 01:40 PM   #105
MAK3N3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E70, E90

I did mine on my back with the car on jack stands at all four corners, you want as much clearance as possible and I wasted a lot of time on mine, probably a solid 6 hours taking my sweet ass time and recoup from banging my head pretty hard once.

A good indie should be able to it in 2-3 hours max, I just didn't have a lift and all that clearance to work with.

FWIW, mine still does not show up as a recall two years later. I think it was mostly from 2010 up models but the info is so unclear on this and in the beginning BMW was checking all V8 models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyny View Post
Thanks for the link, only the airbag recall comes up at the moment. since i just bought the car how will BMW get notified of the new ownership? is there something i have to do on my end?

i crawled under the car earlier and i did not see any oily residual. how many hours does this take to do? if i buy the shaft and paid an indy 100/hour would it be about the same as going to BMW? i certainly hope i do not have this issue, i feel i have already dealt with every other issue so far and if the car gods can give me a break on this one as well id be thankful.

PM sent
Appreciate 0