02-10-2016, 05:16 AM   #26
Travis1807
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by socale39 View Post
Awesome work but there is a reason why aftermarket companies try not to expose the air filter to the elements of weather and/or debris. Having the filters directly behind the grills will only expose them to rain, sand, dust, debris and everything else. My concerns as a customer would be the frequency of having to clean the filters, the obvious concerns should you get caught driving in a good rain storm and lastly the effects of having less airflow to the radiator and power steering cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
MSR intake puts it filters in the same location without issue, I want that sound, so I'm all for it!

Why is the tubing so uneven vs symmetrical like my rough drawing?
I'm not sure about any kind of huge gains in performance enhancement but the sound should be awesome! You can always throw pre-filters on the air filters to keep out debris and rain. I ran one all the time on my Jeep SRT8 that was boosted b/c of a vented hood. The hood would let water hit it constantly if it rained and when I washed it. I never had problems with contaminates of any kind. I guess living in S. Cali is a little different from most places b/c you only have to worry about rain 5-6 days out of the year.

SoLo,
Have you thought about making anymore of these other then just the 1? I would be interested in buying one. Please, PM me if you would entertain the idea.

Well done on taking the initiative to get this done! I really wish we had more options for our X5M's but I guess you got to start somewhere.

Last edited by Travis1807; 03-02-2016 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: SP
Appreciate 0