View Single Post
      05-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #149
Pex5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 X5 4.8i

This is a botch job right?

Below is the original bulletin from BMW which clearly states that the M performance package will include everything that the old sports package had and more..(the prior sports package had adaptive drive).

Then in mid February they announced a new package that included dynamic drive and active steering...Hmm. Then they released the order guide which corresponds to build-your-own which lists the M bits, black fog lights surrounds and exhaust tips etc... which showed that no adaptive drive was included (this induced me to order the M pack - odd I know). THEN -- days after build your own updated to the LCI I built our car and noticed that active steering was a standalone no cost option...? Seemed like a typo.? I called my SA and he added it to the order and there was no change in price..? The car has it - it was on the window sticker and I know what it feels like since we had it on our X5 we turned in.

This isn't rocket science deciding what to offer on an M performance pack. It really is sloppy at best - without any apparent justification. I wonder if this has ever happened with any other options packages on other BMW models?

Also,
P.S. I think I have to change the exhaust. I tied the flap open and it went from lexus to mazda. You cannot have this hunk wedge of a car on massive rubber and wheels with that anemic exhaust note on startup.... If I'm not mistaken for the last year the M sport X5 3.5 has had a sport exhaust? Not sure if that's the same as the BMW performance exhaust?

Last edited by Pex5; 05-01-2012 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 0