Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i

Garage List
2012   [0.00]
08 x5 4.8i AC problem

Hey what's up guys & girls, I need help with my AC problem

story:
I bought a 08 4.8i cheap because A/C wasn't working. Long story short I replaced the A/C Compressor the old one was seized, I replaced the A/C condensor old one had a hole in it. I replaced one o Ring on the low side because it was leaking.
I started out by vacuuming the lines which It reached down to 25HG stayed there for 30mins, closed everything up and waited 10 mins no pressure dropped. I recharged the lines with 2 12oz cans which equals to 1.5lbs at the time I was recharging the fan kicked on but the compressor never did.
when I was filling up freon the PSI on the gauged stayed at 10psi even when I filled up with the 2nd can, still no compressor engaging.
but before I started to trouble shoot I notices that the gauge reading was 10psi when the car is on then when its off it shoots up to 30psi weird !!!!!!

trouble shooting:
I Check the lines on the pressure switch Shows an output of 4.99v on pin 2 & 3 pin 1 is ground.
I checked the lines going to the compressor I probed the line with my multimeter on one line I get 12v the other line I get 5v other is ground.
I check the ac fuse in back trunk area
I scanned the x5 and only error I get is for the F723 (condensation sensor,0x2D1) integrated automatic heating/air conditioning system, transmitter roof function centre

I don't know why my ac compressor doesn't come on, can someone help me or point me in the right Direction

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qy1...ew?usp=sharing
Appreciate 0