View Single Post
      08-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #1
JMNYNJ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35i MSport

Thoughts - 3.0 vs 4.8 - 2007 - 2010

I was set to buy a 2011 4.4 50i and had a pre-inspection done. It passed and was buying. Private owner. He sent me a copy of the title for my loan and then called to say he had a better offer and wanted me to match. I wouldnt do it and lost the x5. This weekend I found two local 4.8 2007 - both sold before I can get there on Monday.

So I have some bad luck - - and now I found a 2010 3.0I and test drove it today. It is almost nothing like the other two - and I am unsure about making an offer. The engine may be more reliable which is big - but it is also the lack of power, sport package and more that is making me think twice.

Just curious what the thoughts are of all of you - gas mileage is almost identical, but the power isnt nor is the handling. So I would say almost less fun to drive - but thoughts value wise.

After reading the horror stories here on the 50i i ALMOST feel like he did me a fvor by backing out on his word. Just think he should have reimbursed me for the pre-inspection since we agreed and he even sent me a title.
4.8 doesnt seem as bad - but again - some nightmare stories here.
3.0 - seems much more reliable.

Pretty frustrated and ready to just buy something else.
Appreciate 0