04-01-2024, 02:58 PM   #51
expatguy
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurj1979 View Post
Ive got E90 2012 Alpina, and can't seem to get it to read the Map Upgrade USB.

CiC
Currently on Road Map Europe Premium 2011i

2 x 32GB USB. ALL is formatted in FAT32.
1st USB has FSC Generator files on it, and works sweet.
2nd USB has Road Map West Europe Premium 2024-2 Maps on it. Contains the following...
- pkgdb (folder) with lots of items inside.
- config.nfm

When I insert the Maps USB, it doesn't load. Does NOT prompt me for FSC Code neither. What am I doing wrong ? It's a basic process.
I've tried Format & Copy 3 or 4 times now. Nothing is happening.
I just bought my 2012 (CIC) and had all this pain too. After 6 failed downloads and nothing happen when using the download manager, I tried the below and got a result.

Turns out that if you are a Mac user, there are hidden files you have to delete. My Sandisk 128GB did not seem to work. My 64GB Sandisk SD card with the usb adapter did (use the glovebox).

If you search finder+remove+hidden+files+on+usb you can find how to do that.

I paid the £30 to download the most recent maps (Feb 2024 so very current) and getting the usb download to appear required their support team.

Formatted an SD card using Disk Utility, setting to FAT (this does fat32) after erasing it.

I used the download manager to download the file. Then I extracted and copied over the file and folder to an sd card w/adapter. after 45 minutes, I plugged it into the armrest and nothing. Then powered everything off, plugged into the glovebox, and started up. Immediately got a prompt on a new version to install.

Living in south Wales where there has been massive road changes since 2012, it was a huge relief to finally get this sorted out today.

you want just the file and folder on the usb and a single partition or it won't load the update. After seeing the hidden files that were on the usb, and deleting them; I know this is what caused me to have the same 'no update/nothing' as you.
Appreciate 1
JDAURIA729.00