View Single Post
      11-06-2021, 07:22 PM   #53
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jwhite View Post
Thank you, i used aftermarket kit. Locked balancer to the timing cover using the to and pin and it was covering the mark on the balancer. Placed the cam gears on with red being on exhaust and black on intake. Usi g new bolts put them hand tight and rotated the gears ccw making sure they were locked and then tightened to 30nm. Removed the cam locking plates rotated the engine many times and it would end up perfect with plates sitting flat. Then removed the pretention tool and unstalled the new tentioners and pulled the pins. Then put the plates back on holding the cams and tightened the center gear bolts 90 degree. Did same for both heads and finished everything up reinstalling the engine and tried starting the car. Cranks but wont fire. Remived valve covers again and reinstalled timing kit and everything sat perfect on both heads. Im lost...
Everything looks good but just a Couple of things I am sure you did but I gotta ask before we go further. Did you torque the cam bolts a further after the 30nm. I don't remember off top of head but think it's either 90 or 120 degrees (check ISTA to be sure). Also double check to make sure you didn't get the cams mixed up. Exhaust cam has the hpfp lobe on it if memory serves.
Appreciate 0