View Single Post
      06-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
Rygel XXV
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13
Just got the car back and OMG. It is a beast. Not an X6M but closer to the X6 5.0 in terms of performance and exhaust now sounds deeper and more sportier. More soon when I get my pics developed and have time for a proper right up. But it is more than quick with the Dinan Stage 2 tune (380hp/416 torque)..I scared myself twice on the 1.5 hrs back from the dealer tonight! LOL
Welcome to the club! One of the Dinan offices is located close to me. When I installed the stage 2, I chatted with them about the lack of tunes for the 35i, and they said there just hadn't been enough interest in modifying our version of the X6 to do much development. Hopefully one day we can eventually convince them to add more products lol.

By the way, just wanted to add that I'm about 1 year into the car with the tune. The only hiccup I've had in that time is one I'm not sure was tied to the tune or not. On a trip to Tahoe, I ran the car pretty low on gas and suddenly the car started running choppy and a CEL popped up. Long story short, I had a failed low pressure fuel pump (already had done the HPFP recall). BMW replaced under warranty so no big deal, but the timing of it just happened to be about a week after the stage 2 installation. Probably not related, but just thought it might be worth mentioning.
Appreciate 0