08-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #12
E90Brian
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Not necessarily... My neighbor had a 2 year old S550 that he was driving down I-95 in Miami. He's in the fast lane and all of a sudden the car just shuts off completely. He was able to coast it to the right side, but he had lost power steering so it was hard to control. He then had to wait 2 hours for MB roadside assistance to come. When they did they had brought the wrong tow truck, so he had to wait some more. He raised such a shit at the dealership that Mercedes flew in the regional director to take care of things. They kept apologizing and they told him he could have his pick of any car on the lot that was of equal or lesser value to the new price he paid for the S550. He now has a brand new CL550.
And that's just one of the differences between a $50K BMW SAV and a $100K Mercedes Benz (prices are, of course, approximate). I'd be wiling to bet that "mom's" BMW dealer and BMWNA will not bend over backward like Mercedes did. But, as you point out, there are always exceptions...
Appreciate 0