View Single Post
      02-28-2016, 12:58 AM   #4
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
A friend of mine has a '11 SS 6MT. His setup is for the track; 305 squared setup on wheels that set him back $1500/each. 485RWHP on a very conservative pump gas tune as, again, this is meant to be beaten on at the track. Car hooks in 1st gear on the street (he let me wail on it), low miles, loaded, babied and handles like a Z/28.

The interior is sucks. Period. It isn't nearly the interior of my E92. Now the '16 interior is a whole other level...WAY nicer. But the '10-'15 interior is a very sore spot on the Camaro. This is fact.
I had stiffer sways, strut brace front and chassis brace rear, but even without, the suspension was lightyears ahead of my BMW. The camaro handled amazing, 3850lb car, not too bad, not superlight either of course.

Interior? How was it so "sucky"? The visibility? My F36 has almost the exact same size rear window, nothing different there. The camaro had higher door sills and hood, but to be expected with that body style and long front hood. If you can't deal with that, you'll never be able to deal with a jag/aston coupe, so forget ever driving anything exotic. I liked that people weren't gazing in my vehicle, but I also had some pretty aggressive tint all around. Otherwise, it had leather seats/interior, but no less plastic than any 3 series. People that think their 3 or 4 series was CNCed from an 8 foot block of aluminum and then inlaid with diamonds and goat leather are on freaking crack. You want an awesome interior, go option out a 6 series or porsche panamera, of course you'll be more than 100K into it, but that's the point, at the lower pricepoints, the BMW offers just as much plastic and nothing significant. The BMW climate control/environment control sucks, wants to turn on the A/C all the time. The gauges display is so-so, doesn't display a nice digital speedo like the chevy, phone connection was better on the chevy, steering wheel for cruise and radio is almost exactly the same, no difference there, and so on. Seats were about the same, the BMW sport seats are raved about, but I have to question the reviewers previous experience, they ain't no recaros in a porsche. There are some features I feel are better on the chevy, few on the BMW I feel are better, but the biggest turnoff is most likely the visibility on the camaro. You get used to it and I liked the exclusivity of it, but yes, it sucks, as much as any exotic car sucks for visibility, although to comply with modern requirements, better than a Lamborghini or Ferrari of old.

The C5 SS was an american car that could handle. They designed it like that from the beginning. The C6 takes it to a new level of refinement for sure, interior and otherwise. It's what driving and engagement is about. Chevy has this figured out. BMW, not so much.
Appreciate 0