United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatmizr View Post
47,500 miles
CPO Warranty expiring in a week!
Took it in to Dealer for a general inspection AND:
1 - Slight occasional smell of *something* coming into cabin at times.
2 - Tailgate getting stuck on opening occasionally.
...and anything else they could find before warranty expires.

RESULTS:
1 - Smell likely caused by leaking turbo coolant lines, replaced two return hoses and connecting line. Tech found turbo coolant pump (auxiliary cooling pump) to be very noisy, replaced pump. Topped off coolant.
2 - No fault found in Tailgate and re-initialized.
3 - While diagnosing smell, tech found the power steering pump to be leaking also., Replaced power steering pump. Refilled fluid.

I searched here and XOutPost and found almost nothing about e70 power steering pumps being replaced. I noticed no symptoms, but I guess I would have once the fluid had all leaked out. Just in time I suppose.

I looked up the parts and they totaled approx $1260. Not sure how much labor would have been. My cost = $50 CPO deductible. Not bad for a last ditch double-check before warranty expires... It always feels good to get more than you pay for, even though the reality is I paid a premium for this CPO vehicle in excellent condition.

After I pass the 50k mark I think I will get the transmission flushed and refilled. (New Diff recently so no fluid needed there). Other than that, I should be good for a while.
Between the N63 service campaign and the other CPO covered repairs, it seems I have had a large number of the common trouble items already replaced. I opted to NOT extend any warranty on this vehicle, I will be uncovered in less than a week. We'll see how it goes!
Todd - did CPO cover your coolant lines to the turbos? CPO didn't cover mine.

You might not have enough miles to fail the test, but you might press your SA to have the test done on your valve guide seals. Mine failed the test at 55K and was covered under CPO. You don't want to deal with those yourself, $9K-$10K at the dealer.

I was going to forge ahead w/o a warranty too, but a leaking upper oil pan gasket spooked me enough to get a warranty. That gasket was a $3K fix, though I lucked out and got it done for free when the valve guide seals were done.
Appreciate 0