01-23-2018, 11:03 AM   #17
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
Good idea...

This place (not sure if I mentioned) is a Sunday school club.

There procedure, is the completed cars are brought in and weighed, if there's
a problem you get the car back, if not, they keep the car till the race. (a month or so now)

THAT I don't like. Not sure WHY they do that.. After reading all the comments, sucks balls.

Also on race day, the cars are taken out by the guy's doing the race, load them up and run them, parents and kids I guess are there but don't get a hand in... ALL very weird.

There is a "mechanic" or looks/ tweeks/fixes the cars, but from my research, I would rather do it my self.

When we do the race I'll video it and show you.
I have never heard of keeping the cars for month, that would not fly with the crazy parents in scouting.

We have the same inspection and weigh in procedure and once the car is checked in, no one but the race official can touch the cars. Cars are always in plain site of everyone at all time, reason being no hanky panky business going on with any car. If this guy took the cars who is to say he did not drop one or knock a wheel out of whack. I personally would not be happy.

I use to run the races for my sons scout pack, and it can get pretty crazy when something does no go right. You never want to be the person handling a car and drop it. We even tried to have the scout be the one who retrieve the car from the staging area and put them on the track that way if the kid drop it or did not put them on the track correctly the parents had no one but their kids to blame. Even that did not make people happy.

Nice video you did for your daughter.
Appreciate 1
jaye9441014.00