View Single Post
      07-06-2017, 07:20 PM   #56
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

OK I finally got around to doing that brake fluid flush a few weeks ago, once I finally hooked up with my buddy who has a lift in his garage Pretty easy 2 beer job.

Just got some service before a long trip to NY. As the BMW-standard poor alignment had caused excessive wear on only the front tires along the very outer edges, unfortunately the front right tire was quite bald on the edge. The previously mentioned alignment seems to have helped but I didn't feel like risking anything on the trip and being stuck somewhere that didn't have a tire in stock for me. So I went ahead and put a whole set of tires on today. A little early for the rears but I like doing them all at once. On my other BMWs the tires have always worn very well as a set, so never had to replace any until all 4 were due. I am hoping that with the recent alignment this new set will wear closer to those experiences.

I let the dealer do this work even though their tire prices were a little higher, because I have heard too many horror stories about the low end shops mangling wheels with the low profile run flat tires, which are supposedly much more difficult to mount. I feel like if I had a problem with this place they would take care of me.

Since the tire pressure sensors in the wheels have life spans ~ 5-6 years, and I am over 5 now, I had them install all new ones while the tires were off. Not cheap but I didn't want to deal with them ~12 months down the road, and thought it might even be possible that this will solve the TPMS Malfunction error.
Drove it home from the dealer, no warnings so far... I am 100% sure the 800 mile drive to NY will tell me if its really true!

Dealer did tell me that new spark plugs were indicated in the next 3k miles. Plugs were $2xx and the labor another $4xx! I told them I would wait and do them myself this fall when the weather cools off.

Nothing else to report, except that the perforated Dakota leather seats are a bitch to get kid puke out of. Why the top of the back sides of the front seats have perforations there is beyond me, but the projectile vomiting made it up there and onto the headrest!
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star
Appreciate 0