02-11-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
I am currently in the market for a X5 Xdrive35i and wanted to see if I could get some feedback. I already went ahead and test drove one and completely in love with it. So here are some questions for you owners.

1. What are the must have options?
2. What do you hate?
3. What do you love about your X5 Xdrive?
4. What issues have you had with the car?
5. Would you recommend me buying one?
6. What mods have you done

This is would be very helpful as I am in the market and would like to purchase one in the next couple months.
Don't have a 35i, but can comment on the desirable options for any X5 (all IMO) -
Must haves:
- comfort seats
- sports activity pkg
- tech pkg (I love the HUD)
- cold weather, if you don't live in areas where temperature can drop below 40F (for heated steering)
- LCI (MY 2010 and later), and LED coronas (post 2011 only)

Good to have:
- Adaptive Drive (very desirable, and rare - a must have option for many)
- 20" staggered set up
- M-sport pkg
- Active steering
- Hi-tech professional sound

Bonus
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane Departure warning

If you're not in a hurry to buy (which seems like you don't), then I'd recommend patiently scouting cars throughout the country to find the ideal one (many of us in the forum have done that). Where are you located?

I'm not sure if you care about having a 3rd row or not - if you don't here's one that ticks most of the options from above:

http://www.californiabeemers.com/use...d09f98698f.htm

If I were in the market, and didn't care about the 3rd row, this would be at the top of my list.

There's also another just listed by a fellow forum member:
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1224854

If you're interested in a low-miles, very well maintained X5 50i, contact forum member PAX5 - he might be looking to sell. His car ticks almost all of the boxes above as well.

GL with your search. Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0