View Single Post
      05-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #43
Dawgman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I've gone to both in the past, but them and a few indies left a bad taste in my mouth to the point where I've just started doing my own work. I recently made buddies with a guy who works at BMW of Seattle, so I've taken it there a few times for BMW's half hearted "recall" things, otherwise I still do it myself. Your situation is above what I'd do at home though, so I can understand going to a place that already has the most history with the vehicle. The only concern I'd have is that they're only going to be replacing the short block, which means they'll likely be swapping 70k accessories, tubes, etc back onto there.
Engine is already pulled and all parts have arrived. It is a full long block replacement, but putting my turbos, lines, etc. on it. Called it a new transmission but when I pressed, said it is a remanufactured transmission which I already knew. Played word games between refurbished and remanufactured. When I asked if they were replacing the tranny with a refurbished, he said no, it is new. Evidentally, new=remanufactured to them. I guess better than a tranny with 70k miles on it.

New exhaust too, must have ripped that apart pretty good. They feel they are on track for being done mid next week, which would be 10 days start to finish. We shall see.
Appreciate 0