View Single Post
      03-03-2015, 02:44 PM   #4
Chewy5
Rep
Drives: E71

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
One more thing, AGM batt is way to go.
It has very low self-discharge when idle compare to regular flooded lead-acid batt. so less likely problem with that comfort access draining batt thing
thanks a lot. yeah i was thinking about upgrading to an AGM type battery... although my current standard type battery served me well for 6 years. especially when i'm reading that a battery's lifespan is typically around 4 yrs.

in terms of the coding, i am hoping this website can help me: b m w c o d i n g . c o m

if not, i agree that finding a BMW indy to do the programming would be a good choice. it's not hard to find better options when a dealer rips you off the way mine does.

lots of things to watch out for in terms of car battery drainage... if you installed high power bright HID bulbs for example, a lot of these kits contain ballasts and even an extra cable to directly get more power from your positive terminal. this will definitely drain more power from your battery.

even things like iphone/ipod charging adapters that you plug into your cigarette lighter.. if you leave these things plugged in they will slowly drain your battery. it's best to unplug anything when you're not using them and not leave them plugged in all the time.
Appreciate 0