06-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #310
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
ITG does make a filter. It is the profilter , uses 3 layers of foam and is oiled and it never has to be cleaned. Not sure if I like the idea of never needs to be cleaned. Is this thing catching particles and where are they going it must get damn dirty? They say it last 4x longer than OE paper but to toss a $250 filter and replace...costly. I am considering BMC. ITG or K&N to replace stock in X6M.
That's good info right there. Thanks for sharing! Will try out the ITG one next once my BMC's are through. I agree about the never needs cleaned part, that's like saying oil is lifetime fill. I personally don't like servicing the filters as I don't trust myself on the whole re-oiling procedure. The last thing I want is to get oil on the maf because I was overzealous with the application. I will dust it out from time to time, but that's it. I just consider it yet another overpriced consumable it the care taking of this beast. Haven't really come up with a mileage interval that I'll dump them at yet though. Thinking I'll do it at 40k intervals to match my walnut blasting schedule.

Whatever you choose don't go K&N if you can help it. Just research their filters and you will see why I stay away from them.
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0