Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
Honestly because K&N is complete crap imo compared to BMC. They let dirtier air in and don't provide any increase in flow according to the numerous tests run against them and paper filters. Plus they over oil the heck out of their filters causing a build up on the maf. I actually don't like oiled filters, but I didn't find out about a dry one until after. Supposedly ITG makes a filter for our cars so I'll probably try that next time.

Ironically, the only reason I changed the filter in the first place was because I wanted to remove the charcoal filters. So I figured if I'm going to open it up might as well throw in a better flowing replacement filter as well. So I order the filter. open her up, and find out I don't have the charcoal filters installed lol...
ITG does make a filter. It is the profilter , uses 3 layers of foam and is oiled and it never has to be cleaned. Not sure if I like the idea of never needs to be cleaned. Is this thing catching particles and where are they going it must get damn dirty? They say it last 4x longer than OE paper but to toss a $250 filter and replace...costly. I am considering BMC. ITG or K&N to replace stock in X6M.

Appreciate 0