View Single Post
      02-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #59
Maxx2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkd View Post
What did you measure? The distance between the fender and tire sidewall?

I never said the 20mm is weaker did I? But, there is in fact a certain length where bolts can no longer safely support the width of spacer (This IS A FACT) Trust me I've been using spacers for years on a variety of cars whether 25mm or 3 inch bolt on to hub and never had an issue.
1) That is correct. The actual measurements were:

Front
--------
.715in (18.161mm)

Rear
-------
.775in (19.685mm)

2) Not sure where you are going with this one... this is what you wrote;

Quote:
Lastly, the longer the bolt, the less safe it is... I mean this just makes sense
The fact that you have been using spacers for many years has no relevance. Please provide actual data if you would like to prove a point.

Quote:
And maybe you should do some research but... OEM wheels from BWM for the X5 come with from offsets from anywhere between +35 to +53... SO some NEED a larger spacer than 20mm not because they bought the wrong wheel... but because IT CAME WITH THEIR CAR FROM THE FACTORY...

NOT EVERYONE HAS x5m wheels which are more offset to begin with... and brian5 probably didn't realize that either just pointing that out.
Nice edit...

Again, what's your point? A comment was made in reference to a specific picture which applies to that specific application only. Of course there are 100's of different wheels/offsets available from BMW. The comment was a response to very specific wheel/tire/spacer application.

Last edited by Maxx2; 02-08-2013 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 0