View Single Post
      02-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #56
skunkd
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 STI 2008 BMW M5 2004 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian5 View Post
You have confirmed what I thought from other pictures. IMO, 20mm is the really the widest that one should go on the rear. 25mm and 30mm spacers make the tires stick our beyond the flares -- which is a "tricked-out Honda" look
1.) Really, you can't seriously judge that from those pictures?

2.) It depends on what wheels you are running and their factory offset to begin with... You can't just say this spacer is too much without saying what wheel or what offset your wheel originally is.

3.) I have 25mm spacers in the rear for a +10 offset overall (my wheels are 22x11 +35 to begin with) in the rear and I'm still under the fender. Kinda wish I went with the 30. And no, it looks nothing like some "tricked-out honda look."

Lastly, the longer the bolt, the less safe it is... I mean this just makes sense, you think they couldn't make 25mm or 30mm spacers work with a straight bolt? They could and it'd be much easier to produce, but the bolt is the weak link here so they chose to make it two pieces (wheel to spacer, spacer to hub) for added safety.

I find it very strange that he went with a 15mm in the front and only a 20 in the rear. Why not just a 10 or 12 in the front?
Appreciate 0