12-10-2016, 12:05 AM   #46
E46_TommyP
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: *E46 M3 *E70 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I work second shift at Boeing, working from 12:30pm-1am, so I haven't gotten fully into the install yet. Yesterday I flashed both modules, today I pulled the kick panel, a few harnesses and then ran outta time while trying to be OCD about the routing.

I watched their install video on a 3 series, but I'm going to go a step further by removing one heater duct so I can neatly route the wiring and get easier access to the brake switch. I figure if I had a good 3hrs straight time, this could be done. Since the 3 series is slightly different, I'm going to document my install with some pics and create a new how-to thread (I'll link it here) that's more E7* specific.
Hey m5james, so I'm currently looking for remote starters again for the x5 and was wonder how you made out with kickyride. I'm looking at their OL-RS-BM1 kit with OL loader cable and Possibly an RF-51-EDP range extender. Did you ever write up that How to? The install instructions looks like there is splicing involved, is that correct? Please let me know, these cold starts in the morning are driving me crazy, I've been spoiled with remote starts in my previous vehicles.
Appreciate 1
TTV8M122.50