View Single Post
      07-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
ifly
Cruising!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

X6 Production Info

So just talked to a senior guy at BMW Munich who a mate introduced me to and had a short discussion on the X6 production delays that I and others are experiencing. It seems a few things are happening in BMW X6 land.

1. Demand from China has skyrocketed and reduced allocation in NA as they make twice the profit in China on an X6.
2. Demand for the diesel variants has also increased in Asia and Europe placing more demand on an already limited production capability.
3. Not sure this one translated properly but the EPA is on BMW's case about the 50i and X6M's due to the emissions on the V8 engines My technical Deutsch is a little rusty. Not sure how this translates to production issues but if anyone with more knowledge can enlighten me it would be much appreciated!
4. Demand from the Western US is larger than the Eastern but I could not get an answer on how BMW quantifies this (Sales, allocations, requests for vehicles?).
4. The new dealer allocations for September production should be issued between the 25th and 27th of July, so I may finally get a new production number!!!!

That's all the info I had, my conversation was limited and in German so if anyone has any other verifiable info they can add that contributes to the thread feel free!
Appreciate 0