05-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #23
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
Ohh got it. I never tried LED Bulbs and just assumed xenon would be the brightest lol!

I may put LED bulbs in place of my halogen flash to pass bulbs and use those when I need more light.
Have you thought of doing that? I'm 99% sure it's an option you code and you have your ds1 high beam on and the inner light on as well.(h7 I believe?)

Same here, I could live with the chrome bezel but chrome housing is out of the question.

Ok I did one last search to see if anything was in the US, because everything we've discussed is about a month in shipping.
I found the Adaptive/xenon set used about 2 hours away!
The upper eyebrow looks like part of the LED strip went out. I ordered the set anyways and a set of eyebrow covers. If I can cover the white LED part of the light with the eyebrow cover and cut power from going to the brow, I THINK I'll like the look of it, lol!
Otherwise I'll go with the set we are both leaning towards.

Any idea which h7 led bulb is best to run in the flash to pass lights? There's about 20 options all over ebay.
Led are getting better and better, especially the led projectors. Theres actually a company that sells an led projector that you can retrofit with a laser high beam! Hids are bright, but in my experience when retrofitted are as hassle to wire up and unreliable. The only downside I've ever had with led bulbs is in the winter when I get ice on the headlights leds won't melt the ice lol.

And I honestly had no idea that the inner light was flash to pass. I know my e90 uses the inner light as a cornering light, but the e70 I think uses the fog lights as a cornering light. I'll have to check it out though... I wanna say that h7 sounds right. That's what the e90 uses on the inner light right? I think if I remember correctly on my e90 I couldn't fit an led in there, maybe its a different story on the e70. I'll check though.

Edit: That inner light is the halo light, not the flash to pass. In the x5 they must of moved the cornering light to the fog light. Now that I looked at it I remember changing that bulb when I updated the halo lights to led.

You might be better off installing a light bar if you want more high beam though