View Single Post
      08-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #1069
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Simple. Because if he had a weapon on him, he could easily inflict injuries and damage onto the cop, thus either get charged heavier if he survives, or having the cop's actions more justified if he was killed, like "shit man, the guy had a gun so I had to defend myself!"... Versus being unarmed where the cop's best defense is "He was charging at me with an unlit cigar, I saw my life flashing before my eyes!", and the suspect appears more helpless and bullied, and builds a stronger case for unjustified brutality that way, gaining more sympathy in both the eye of the public and the judge (but unfortunately still more or less rigged in favor of the cop).

Be careful what you wish for in terms of enforcement though... Best case but rarest scenario: you get a bunch of people scared shitless and are as scared of committing crime as being a turkey in November, whilst worst case scenario: Anarchy and rebellion, or just smaller scale law-breaking in general... Or basically what you're seeing in terms of civil unrest in Eastern Europe / Middle Eastern countries.
It's actually the Eastern Europeans and North Africans the police needs to watch out for in Western Europe. Who do you think is committing most crimes?
Appreciate 0