Thread: New Front Tires
View Single Post
      07-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
MaX6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X6 50i

I have 4 cars currently and haven't had a flat tire in any car in over 10 years plus... I just am not all that concerned about getting a flat... With today's tire technology a nail or piece or road debris (which I have had) is just not going to cause an immediate flat. I have had low pressure symptoms which when taking a soapy sponge to the tire can easily pinpoint a screw or nail.. tires today lose very little airpressure with a screw or nail... I have a tire patch kit and a DC compressore I keep in the car for emergencies (which I have yet to use) ... I do not have a spare or a jack in the car.. I don't see the need. I have a floor jack in the garage if I ever need to take a wheel off...

regarding the dealer - Yes my local BMW dealer.. When I told them I wanted to take the run flats off they gave me the speech about the car is engineered for RFT's etc. and that BMW recommends keeping the RFT's on the car but at the end of the day they were happy to put any tire on I wanted... which they did.... fyi the RFT's have a stiffer sidewall and assist the car in cornering and high speed manuevers.. If you are racing your car, do alot of aggressive driving or find yourself eluding the police often you may want to consider keeping the RFT's for better cornering performance... If you like to go fast but mostly in a straight line than the RFT's will have ZERO impact on the drivability of the car... Also - I have the 20's... The Motivo's have a nice stance when mounted.. nice fat tread pattern and low profile.. I will try and post some pics...
Appreciate 0