09-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #17
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Red does it for me. My VR has the beige interior. The salesman talked us out of the oyster by claiming it would be hard to keep clean
Nonsense!

My wife's BMW has an almost similar color and I am really surprised how well it actually holds up. In the past two years, I only wiped it down twice with a moist soft cloth. The seats weren't even dirty, it was just part of regular car cleaning. The seats still look the same as the day we picked up the car!

The only reason I ordered my 50i with a black interior is because I want the ventilated seats and that option is only available in combination with either black or beige. I would have LOVED to order the oyster interior, that was my first choice. I had cars with beige interior and I do NOT like that interior on the X6 at all. So black was my only choice...

One of my previous cars had a black interior and I liked it a lot but it does have the drawback of getting really hot in the sun...

Anyway, back to the oyster interior, if it was your original choice and you still have the chance of changing your order, I highly recommend that you go back and change your order. Otherwise you may regret it down the road.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0