View Single Post
      12-03-2017, 10:31 PM   #42
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Nope, you're just cutting the plastic tubing off a few pieces of stock piping. There's a connection on the driver's side head that connects to a 3-way T, bottom left corner in the picture above. You're gonna cut that corrugated section of tubing out between the head connection and the T. I found that using a heatgun helped soften the corrugated section before taking a razor blade and screw driver to remove it.

The head side will connect to the inlet of the catch can, the T side will connect to the outlet of the catch can. Catch cans vary, so they should be labeled. Other than my connections to the catch can being different, the layout looks exactly the same.

My current catch can is overkill in size, so I'm thinking about ordering two Mishimoto catch cans or the ECS ones since I like the dipstick vs having to unscrew it every week when it might not be needed that much.

Admittedly, I was intimidated by my own kit since there were no write-ups (I'm spoiled by Boeing giving step-by-step instructions to build everything), but once I got in there and started doing it, it all made sense.
Attached Images

Last edited by m5james; 12-04-2017 at 12:27 AM..
Appreciate 0