View Single Post
      04-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #29
Silverbear
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8

Pricing seems pretty reasonable

This pricing seems totally reasonable, and a good deal compared to Porsche, partly depending what options they make standard. Window sticker on my well optioned 08 X5 had a base of $54,800 and SRP of $76,070. I would hope that around $10K of the options I have become standard on the X5 M at $85,400 and that with some new options added, hoping especially for Night Vision, that SRP comes in no more than $100K for a fully optioned ride.

I don't see that as an unreasonable premium for an SUV that can make it down my 4 wheel drive required dirt road AND do a 4.5 second 0-60! That is one hell of a sweet combination. I push my 08 4.8i to the redline every time I run out to the post office, can't wait for 200+ more ponies!

I was prepared to buy a $120K Cayenne, but I just couldn't get comfortable. I tried the X5 just to find a more comfortable seat, and I found it! Now, I'm excited to get performance on par with the Porsche and the comfort I've come to love and expect from the active ventilated seats.
Appreciate 0