shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
I am not surprised. I would expect the MPG to mirror that of the X5 V8 very closely which is why I opted for the 6 cyl. I get about 17-19 in mixed driving and 22-24MPG strictly hwy with 4k miles on the clock.

Are you filling with gas and dividing the miles driven by gallons used? This is the best way to determine MPG. The onboard computers can be misleading.

However, I think the power and sound of the V8 must be awesome as it is on my neighbor's X5 V8.
Haven't filled my first tank yet but will definitely do tha calc as well. The sound of the V8 is better than any V8 I have ever heard before and sounds closer to the M5 or M6 than a typical V8. I love it and it turns so many heads. It is amazing how fast it feels with all the torque. Definitely feel alot faster than the 550i (although specs are close to same) and feels a lot faster than my Lexus IS350 but definitely not as nimble but it will certainly take corners faster.

Was nto sure about HUD but I am loving it and it is amazing with cruise control or navigation.

My only two complaints so far are the fact that the rear view camera does not turn on quick enough because it takes too long to initially load once you start car and the fact that it does not seem that you store an HD 2 radio station into a preset. If you are on a channel, say 106.1 HD2 and try and store it into one of the presets or 6 memory buttons it will always go to the 106.1 HD1 because it appears to go to 106.1 and then the HD signal is slightlu delayed.

Other than those complaints I LOVE IT and would not trade it for anything else right now.
Appreciate 0