View Single Post
      02-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #1
OUGrad05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 and 2022 Acura MDX

My 2015 335i M Sport vs 2014 X3 28i XDrive M Sport

We picked up our second BMW yesterday. A 2014 X3 XDrive 28i with the M Sport package. This is an amazing little crossover. It drives fantastic, it's reasonably quiet and it handles really well, better than most sports sedans.

When it comes to driving feel in "Comfort" mode its better than my 335i M Sport. The suspension is firmer, the steering is firm and has more feedback. I'm really blown away at how good this little SUV is.

Granted going into Sport or Sport+ changes the 335i quite a bit, but the steering may still have more feedback on the X3 (not sure yet). I'm hopeful that on the next 3 series G20, that BMW stiffens things up again. The X3 is more in keeping with what BMW is about than the current 3 series. It's not that the 3 series isn't good, I LOVE my car. When things get twisty its great, its just the suspension is a touch too soft on initial turn in. Once the car takes a set its fine but initial turn in would be better if things were a tad stiffer.

Anyway, thought I would share the news on the X3 purchase and my comparisons between the two so far