View Single Post
      01-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
skim175
Private
Rep
Drives: X-drive

I had the same problem with my car (2011 X6M) a few weeks ago. It appeared to me that the battery was low (not critically low so that I did not get a warning light for low voltage). After driving for about 30 min highway (my regular commute), the problem ran away. I went to the dealer a few days after the incidence for a regular maintenance and mentioned it to a service person. He said that a system will shut down non-critical components to keep the certain voltage when a battery level is low. I knew about this from my previous bimmers not using for several months. But I was slightly annoyed that this incidence happened by 2 weeks of not driving. There are some complaints on X6 (or X5 not sure) forum about rapid battery discharge during winter. Some got a new battery which fixed a problem under the warranty and others had to pay on their own. My dealer did not replace my battery because I did not have a record of low voltage warning on the OBC and it worked fine when I dropped by. If the problem persists after driving it for a while, you should get your car checked out. Otherwise, it seems that not much can be done at this point.
Appreciate 0