View Single Post
      11-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
skim175
Private
Rep
Drives: X-drive

I am not sure whether anyone can give you definite answers. It really depends on where you live (weather wise) and how picky you are with any options. You should really try out back to back if you can.
I can only offer you my personal opinions. For me AD was essential and the top choice option. I would not want to have a car without it. I felt that a car was too soft without it. However, my dealer had more cars without AD than ones with AD and I took that as overall customers prefer non-AD cars. Otherwise, a dealer would have had more cars with AD. My guess.
Premium sound: If you have it, it would be nice but 12cmim3 said, it's the easiest one to upgrade among options you are considering. My X5 does not have premium. If I hear back to back (premium sound vs non), i can tell the difference. But when I am in my car (any car without premium sound), I have never felt that audio is horrible. Having said this, I am not very picky with sound system at all. So, just check out the car without premium sound and see whether you can tolerate it.
Cold weather package: It really depends on how often and whom you have in your back seats. This is the option which can be used only during half the season (or maybe only a few months) while the other options are for all year around. For me, I don't care about heated rear seats because I still have to use booster seats for my kids.
Appreciate 0