View Single Post
      02-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
DDP2011X5M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulGT3
I told you guys I was getting the X5M today and I did. But this was such a deal I have to give you guys some details. First of all the truck is OVER the top!!!! I have never been so enamoured with so much quality and just STUFF!!!!
The soft close doors to the screen to Sirius to the seats! THE SEATS are the most comfy EVER.
So I get there and I see the 2 2011 X5Ms one is 99K has every option. The other is 91K no options but has 20" Chrome wheels. So I ask Ali (the sales manager) about the wheels. He says No Problem Paul, I will throw them on yours no charge. THEN my son drove our 4.8is down there because they were going to buy it from me and sell it to my son. But Ali figures out we could gift it to him , so he says "Look Paul, I screwed that up, let me take your sons truck wash it and fill it up"!!!!!! You just dont get that kind of service anywhere!! And this is the FIFTH TIME he has done this (BMW of Bakerfied) for me. A friend of mine works there and he told me Ali would rather sell a TON of cars for a little profit than squeeze every Dollar out of the customer they can( Ala Porsche)
Here is an aside: I called several Porsche dealers Friday telling them I am buying a X5M and if they want to sell me a Cayenne do it now. So a Porsche guy calls me and tells me its hard to match with a 2011. I tell him I know were a 2011 Cayenne Turbo is, and he tells me he can get it. It Stickered for $107K, the guy tells me he can get it for me for $1000 off MSRP!!!! I said "are YOU KIDDING???? I am talking $10K back of INVOICE and your telling me you can get me a 2011 Cayenne Turbo for ONE thousand Off!?
End of Conversation.
Anyway I am just blown away by this truck. Its freaking amazing. Then get this, I get home and I go out for a short spin, because my wife drove back and I did a couple quick sprints and My hair piece was torn off the top of my head, AND I DONT WEAR a HAIRPEICE!! then I get home and I figure out I dont even have it in POWER MODE!!!!! Anyway blown away by the truck Pics tomorrow and have a great weekend!!!!!
BTW my 21 YO was stoked to get my 2006 4.8iS too!
Congrat's. Did you get a 2011 X5M? If so, I purchased mine back in Nov 2011. Since 2012 were already out, I was able to get a hefty discount off MSRP.
Appreciate 0