Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
Hey Bud,

Sorry to hear.. 17psi is fairly aggressive. Anything beyond that requires race fuel(ms109) for sufficient fueling. These cars run 8psi stock. You should scoop up the JB4 from the member above and get it installed, 110% worth it
Thanks for the reply. The stock boost for the S63 in the E70/71 X5M and X6M is 17.5 psi. I just saw the thread Terry posted about tuning your X on Bimmerb**st and the first runs do start around 8 psi. I'm curious if that is a function of using the BCM's and starting at the default wastegate spring pressure. It is common on the older X5/6M's to have cracked vacuum lines and run that boost. There is a couple of threads about it. I have the Awnon gauges and it shows 17.5psi under WOT. With the AA tune I see 21psi at WOT.

I guess the stock turbos are maxed out pretty much at 18-19 PSI like Terry said in the thread about tuning your truck.

I'll get the JB4 regardless for the features and the ability to adjust the boost since I have a set of PURE stage one turbos installed but haven't been able to push them with the out of the box tunes available.

Thanks again for sharing the info.
Appreciate 0