View Single Post
      09-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #30
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
Bean Counters is why, they could have easily adopted more aluminum like the F150 into the chassis but made a business decision not to. Ford also has to sell a 26k mustang and make a profit with shared components with the higher end trims. The higher end trims are the looser here and the lower end trims are the winner. I want my 40 - 50k car to be designed from the ground up to be a 40 - 50k car not designed to be a 25k car with upgraded components here and there.

Its a nice car but Ford took a conservative approach and failed to deliver any real WOW factor thus far.
It's not just that though. Ford was touting how the car would be smaller than the previous gen, because it was going to be sold worldwide. Thus, why it was going to be almost automatically smaller. All the purist American muscle car fans were complaining how this would be too European. But as it turns out, this car comes out even bigger. I wonder what changed? Cars this big just don't work in Europe for example. I think it'll still be limited to a very niche market elsewhere in the world.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0