01-28-2014, 07:24 AM   #38
PIEZON
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: In The Market For A New One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmomo313
My blue beast was delivered in November of 2011. I have to say its been a flawless ownership so far (knock on wood). I had the car flashed with Dinan's software with 1200 miles on it and its been a dream ever since. As far as issues go I've had only two very minor ones that didn't cost me a penny to fix. One: the rear left window motor apparently failed and my window was stuck sitting halfway open and crooked during a slight drizzle (drove straight to the dealership, my SA kept the car overnight and gave me a new 550xi to drive in the meantime). Weird thing was that the car only had 1500 miles on it when that part failed... Replaced all parts under warranty and received my car detailed in and out the next day. The only other problem which I was not aware of until my recent service at 28500 miles was the breather hose deteriorating (this part is prone to failure and becomes brittle around 30k miles). I noticed towards the end of last summer that the car wasn't pulling as hard as it used to (felt like stock because I ran my buddy's stock x6m and saw that we were dead even from a dig to about 60). That was replaced under warranty along with the spark plugs and the beast came out of hibernating (pulled harder than ever after the repair). Also heard a small clunking noise in the front of my car so they replaced the front left strut brace which was covered under warranty at the time of service as well ( I blame the shitty MI roads for that one). All in all no major headaches and the car has been a blast to drive. Absolutely priceless leaving people dumbfounded when a 5400+lb SUV embarrasses their sports car at lights. Not sure whether or not I'll be keeping it for a while.. really depends if something catches my eye, like the 991tt! For now shes a keeper though. I say go for it man, you won't look back! (ps. I traded my 4.8i e70 for this).
Thank you very much for your feedback and encouragement!!!