View Single Post
      03-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #33
itsme123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopsy View Post
Hope the article isn't too technical or contains too many words for you, but it provide a wealth of oil information.
OMG! You are so internet cool for linking such a technical article! My feable mind can not comprehend all the words contained within. I feel so dumb....

Look, nothing is wrong about what you said. What we are all trying to figure out SPECIFICLY is what BMW M is calling for as the standard oil to use for the X6M. That article is very generic in terms of motor oil and it's properties which is fine. No one is arguing against that. But we are all trying to figure out what is what is specificly speced out for the X6M. As you can see there are many conflicting information from many sources. Especially the contradictions from BMW service departments. Doesn't this bother you one bit? Have you brought yours in for service and what did they fill yours with?

Bottom line is we need a clarification from BMW M to end this discussion. I love to contact BMW Motorsport, but can't find any contact info. Anyone have that info? I doubt they would take my call anyways......

BTW, one more thing. You keep refering to the need of the TWS in high revving engines. But what about load? A high or higher load motor also demands a more "sophisticated" oil.
Appreciate 0