Cactus_BMW
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 X5 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGrey_E70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus_BMW View Post
Just installed the Flashlogic FLRSBM1 yesterday.

What should have been a 2-hour job took a friend and I about 4 hours. Mind you we were doing this on a hot summer day in Phoenix - it was 110 degrees in the garage, so some of this time was us stepping inside to cool off for a few minutes. :-)

Overall went in fairly easy. A couple hitches were:

- getting the brake pedal sensor wire disconnected was a pain in the rear.

- the instructions for flashing the modules was a little unclear. Didn't realize there are two separate pieces to flash, so we had to go back and redo that part.

After we got the flashing part figured out, the rest of the steps went smoothly. It tested out through the closing checklist just fine.

Once we were done, I parked my car out in front of my friend's house so he could get his truck parked back inside his garage. An hour or so later when I was preparing to leave, I looked out his window and clicked my key fob 3 times, and moments later I saw the lights flash indicating it started up. A few minutes later I walked out to an already cooling car. It just paid for itself.

- Cactus_BMW
Great to hear you installed with little problems. Did you opt for extended range remotes/antenna?

Also, I tested what would happen if a door is opened and the brake is not pressed. My vehicle continued to run for several minutes, until I went to put it in gear then it shut off. The owners manual says you have 45 seconds to press the brake which is a fair amount of time.
I did not do the range extender, I didn't think I'd use that capability much, if at all.

Upon installation, it all seemed to be working fine, and I used it a few times without issue. Unfortunately, now I'm having some weird problems with the device. And adding to the challenge is that I had to drive my X5 1,500 miles to my father's home within a week of installing the unit (he was in the hospital, and is in a high risk group for COVID-19, so I needed to stay out of airports). Luckily my dad is doing better, but I'm still out of town.

My symptoms include low battery voltage warning after a couple days of not driving, and triple clicking lock button on fob kicks off the remote start sequence up to actually starting engine - but then flashes hazard lights 15 times with no actual engine start. I've researched this, seems like it is a CAN-BUS error. And one day my key fob wouldn't unlock or lock doors - seemed completely dead.

Being I'm still out of town, I'm not able to tear into this to try to figure out what's happening. And, I'm not even sure what to troubleshoot, beyond rechecking connections - which I doubt is the issue as I'd suspect I'd be getting error codes and other problems. Only other thing I can think of is, perhaps I've got some setting edited with Carly ODB adapter/app that is tripping the starter up. Uggh.
Appreciate 0