01-23-2016, 11:01 AM   #26
MCouper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorbmwx6 View Post
Lucky for you, it was only DSC module. In my case, transmission had to be replaced.
I am now experiencing this in my 2011 535i xDrive. The first time happened a few months ago at an intersection. It felt like the car was stuck in 4th or 5th gear, which made it very difficult to move from a dead stop. Restarting the car solved the problem. The issue returned earlier this week while I was in stop-and-go traffic in the left lane on I-95 in Boston. Not a good place for this to happen!

Has the transmission replacement fixed the problem for you? I took it to the dealership and they didn't even see the error in the computer readout so they could not do anything to fix it.

Like you, I really like my car and do not want to get rid of it, but I'm on edge driving it now and definitely do not want my family in the car if it happens again. And I don't want to trade it in because I'm pretty sure that the dealership will not fix it before selling it to someone else. I don't really know what to do other than contact BMW NA.
Appreciate 0