-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfox23 View Post
I am attempting this mod on a e70 X5M.

Hopefully, someone can assist with more information.

I have ordered a heated F10 M steering wheel (as I have an M, and want M buttons to activate M features).

I have contacted car systems for a module. They put me in touch with a local (US) vendor. They state:

Quote:
OK, so the manufacturer says we should have the standard Fxx to Exx ($150 + P&H) but based on your VIN they say you need the Advanced Option version with Lane Change Steering Wheel Vibration Warning support ($200 + P&H) which is only for use with CarSystems Exx NBT retrofit. Do you need one of those also?

So, I have a good idea of what this module probably does (re-wires connections and bypasses coding).

Can anyone provide concrete information on if I need the module for this retrofit or not?

I can read a wiring diagram and know how to use a soldering gun. I also have module coding software.

Thanks,
Well if the wheel you bought doesn't have vibration then I guess no need for the more expensive module. You just loose the lane vibration warning. If you want the lane vibration warning intact you need the f10 wheel with vibro motor so you can at some point keep that feature.

I have the NBT installed but mines from bimmer retrofit, but don't need it for the steering wheel.

If you have options on your wheel that you want to keep then they will probably know what you need.

My steering wheel I had was fully loaded with heat and vibration motor.

The one M button on the top turns on heat and the steering wheel vibrates once to show it's on and twice for off.

The other M button turns on my recirc like my old wheel did. I was able to remove the old cruise stalk and love being able to activate cruise from the wheel now. Just toggle the left up down button to speed up and down. Much safer that fumbling with the stalk.
Appreciate 0