08-13-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E92 | N55 F15 | N55 E70

My First X5!

Hi Everyone,

Just picked up a 2007 4.8i w/ Sports Package in California. It had a hair less than 74,000 miles at the time of purchase and previous owner had done a bunch of maintenance at around 70k (water pump/thermostat, gaskets, belts, fluids, front rotars - the list goes on). Vehicle is in decent cosmetic shape, few paint blemishes, leather scuffed here and there, and headlights were slightly cloudy. Nevertheless got a decent deal and thoroughly enjoyed the drive back to Colorado!

It's currently sitting next to my pristine 2007 335i in the garage. I did the 3M headlight restoration, and it turned out pretty well but not perfect. Spent about 4-5 hours on it total, so was expecting them to be flawless :/

Anyway, the car has a couple of issues that I'd appreciate your input on.

1. The car has the notorious six-speed 4.8i shifting issue. The TSB below describes how it behaves exactly. Has anyone who owns a pre 2009 4.8i been able to figure out how to fix it? Does the software update help? It's something I'm willing to live with, but if the shifting could be smoothed out, it would make me very happy.

2. The second issue is a weird one. The steering wheel position always goes down to the lowest position when I turn off the car. When I get back in and start the x5 it just stays there. The memory function works for the seats and the mirrors, but for some odd reason the steering wheel always has to be manually adjusted up. I've already tried playing with the settings in iDrive, and all three options yield the same result. My X5 is equipped with Comfort Access if that makes a difference.
Attached Images

PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Appreciate 0