View Single Post
      11-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Picked up my car yesterday!

Well, I finally picked up my x6 50i yesterday. Rainy day here in NYC, and not really picture weather. Going to get her all cleaned up this weekend and take some shots.

Some first impressions:

This car is an animal. I wish I had driven the 50i without a performance upgrade a little bit more so i could have gauged the difference with it. But, I am definitely not complaining. This thing just eats up road. With such a high seating position there is no way of telling how fast you are going without looking at the speedometer.

The combination of 8-16 MPG and that exhaust note must make Saudis and Texans grin ear to ear. I know I am smiling, but I just can't help myself from muting the radio and listening. It is nothing short of intoxicating. However, half a tank of gas after 110 miles is a bit shocking. Not that I am too worried about gas money, or even the emissions, it is just scary to think this car's maximum range would be around 250 miles. Coming from a 335 that used to get almost 350 on long trips. Definitely not a touring car.

One little problem I am having at the moment. My phone is connected to the bluetooth in the car, but when I check the phone book it always says transferring... 2 days now and it still hasn't transferred everything? My guess it something is afoot and I will have to see whether there is something with my phone or the i-drive in the car.

Otherwise, I am really excited and absolutely love the car.
Appreciate 0