View Single Post
      12-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
Devimik
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35i Sports Activity

2013 X5 35i SAV new Winter Snow Tires and Wheels

Finally got my snow tire and wheel package from EAS last week. Only problem was that the wheels had a 72.6mm centerbore and the X5 has a 74.1mm centerbore. So, they wouldn't fit immediately.

I got the wheels (Niche M133 20X10 matte black with 40 ET) and Pirelli Winter Carving Run Flat Snow in 275/40-20 squared config. Cost about $2,500 shipped.

I had asked the guy at EAS if the wheels would work on my car as it wasn't listed on the site. He indicated he checked with Niche and they would work.

Obviously when they didn't work, I was pissed, but did some research and EAS has a set of adapters that are 20mm Macht Schnell spacers which step the larger centerbore to the smaller one using a longer set of lug bolts. This is cool because I wanted spacers anyway to not have the wheels tucked under the fenders too much. The adapter kit goes for $299, but since the issue was their fault, they sent me one free and I was able to get the wheels on last night before the snow we got in KC.

I am very pleased with the wheels, the fit and the tires. I had TPMS sensors added at EAS, so it was easy to perform a system reset and it worked fine.

I spent some time today driving around in snow and on ice and these Pirelli's felt completely solid.

Here are some pics of the before and after:

Last edited by Devimik; 12-20-2012 at 07:35 PM..
Appreciate 0