View Single Post
      08-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #4
Sabs1815
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Hello! It's in an X5 actually but it's the same install either way.

The install is plug and play for the steering wheel as the F10 uses the same shaft, but theirs just a couple of modifications to the wheel back you need to do but super simple.

The module from car systems is straight forward and once you connect the right wires your good to go. Their making some custom software due to my needs for the wheel functions but other wheels are different so your needs may differ.

All in I bought the wheel brand new fully loaded with heat and vibro motor with north American dual stage airbag for $1900, the module was $250.

The NBT EVO ID6 retrofit was $1700 all in.

You can buy other f10 wheels for average of 600 to 800 depending, I wanted all options and not a used one so I went a little overboard but in all you could do this mod with a new wheel with module for under a grand if you watch eBay for the good deals.

I paid more because I wanted the 2 stage airbag vs the single stage. It's up two you how deep you want to go with it. And if you go single stage you'll have to code the car as well for single stage.

Otherwise it's a great mod!

Thanks for the info! looking into getting this done as well...

I assume you got the NBT from Car systems as well? How was the install on that? did you have to get everything coded to work?
Appreciate 0