View Single Post
      11-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
riven83
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 5.0

Active steering x6 Issue, Urgent

Hey everyone,,,

I have bmw 2008 full option x6 5.0, active steering option is available I checked it with the dealer by giving them the VIN# and they printed me all the specs.

I had major problem due to leak in steering gear box, so they told me necessary to change it and it cost too much which I believe approx. $4,500 plus $700 labour charge (including the allignment of the steering)

I recieved my car today, now when I drive it, I dont feel the steering acting like before, sometimes I feel it doesnt respod as before, when I turn the steering now, I have to turn more than before, sometime in slow drive, it take more turn for small turn on the road.

Now, when I need to go out from the parking, I should turn the steering 270 degree ( imagine starting the turn from my right hand where the radio buttons, it will reach to my left knee) so this amount of turn it take to go out of parking if there is a car front of me. (is this normal?)

And now when there is a sharp turn to the right to enter new road,
I should turn the Steering more degree than before, as it need one round and half,,

I am confused now, maybe I didnt drove my car for a month and this affect my feeling of car, but at the same time they changed the steering box which it may effect the movement and the balance of active steering system.

I watched many videos in youtube regarding to ACtive Steering, and most of them can get out from the parking by only turning 90 degree and they can easily exit from the parking.

I dont have any warning light or message,,

Could someone help me toward my issue?! Or how to perfectly check if the active steering is working 100%?

In which condition we can find active steering not responding as normally?

Or of there is no warning light or message that mean its working perfectly??
Appreciate 0