Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 [MT]

Garage List
2023 BMW M2 [MT]  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
travall pet barrier installed in X5

Hey all, I just installed a travall pet barrier in my X5 and thought I would give it a quick review.

BMW used to sell an OEM pet net but it was discontinued. There are still some out there on ebay but it was not clear whether they would still work with the latest X5 model year, and how much the installation involved. OEM pet net solutions usually involve cutting and drilling which I wanted to avoid also.

I found a pointer to travall on this site which sells pet barriers, pet crates, and mats for almost every car brand. I couldn't find a lot of info about their X5 solution but decided to give them a try. The company is based in the UK so shipping was on the expensive side but it was very quickly delivered via Fedex.

I ordered the pet barrier with their cargo mat. The cargo mat is very thick, excellent fit, and has pre-marked cutouts for attaching their pet barrier to the X5 cargo hooks, very nice touch!

The pet barrier is very easy to install, very good fit and finish. It doesn't require any cutting or drilling, and I was pleasantly surprised that I could still keep my cargo cover with the barrier installed. It's overall silent but I had to do a few adjustments as it was settling in the car.

Overall I'm very happy with the purchase and would recommend it. I have attached a few pictures.

Enjoy!
Attached Images

Last edited by sycd; 11-22-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0