Private
Rep
Drives: Bimmers!!

Garage List
2012 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Other than upper and lower radiator hoses, all these ones related to the turbo that are straight/light bends can be replaced with bulk stuff from your local autoparts store. There's absolutely zero point to pay BMW's markup for anything so generic.
Ok this is what I was thinking. Replacing it with more robust parts like better thermal hoses and brass Ts. Are any of the Ts restrictors or check valves or are they just regular T fittings?

I have a burnt smell coming form my truck but haven't pulled the cover yet. Doing it this weekend but in the even why not upgrade and be done with this issue for good. Keep in mind those sinch, Pex clamps are good for Pex tubing not so much rubber. The thermal dynamics of Pex tubing is completely different than that of rubber. That's why the clamps lose grip with the changing of the temperatures. U now what that is, BMW creating a continuous maintenance cycle. Why do u think the lines are only $75 each yet people are being quoted ungodly amounts? Profits over Humanity!!!!!
Appreciate 0