Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 3.5i w/ SA Package

Garage List
1976 Triumph TR6  [10.00]
1993 Bentley Turbo R  [10.00]
2011 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
If you have had issues in the past before warranty which the Dealership would not correct, I would have no problems asking for a good will repair. My SA told me on an issue that I was having with my M3 to report the same occurring issue during warranty so if the issue is reported shortly after the warranty period, there is a chance it will be covered.

I had a E53 which had starter issues. Every 15 or 20 times I would start the car it would grind or just kinda start and then crap out. I complained about it a bunch of times and I got the "working as designed" 5 months after the warranty period past, the starter would do it every 3-5 times. Brought it in and complained, They initially said it would not be covered. I then showed then SA the 4-5 work orders from past times the car was in the shop and highlighted that I made mention of this every time. The dealer agreed that It should have been taken care of and I was granted a good will repair on BMW.
That is EXACTLY my situation. The starter makes that noise every once in a while. I expressed concern to the dealership on multiple occasions while under warranty, but wasn't able to replicate it for them. They said they have documented the issue, and if it escalates during a "reasonable period of time after warranty expiration", they would "take care" of it. I will have NO hesitation going back to them for that.

Last edited by Poppyboy; 12-17-2014 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0