View Single Post
      12-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #18
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyv View Post
Most dealers at the start of the 2010 model year were clueless to the 7RR option (gee what a surprise!). Thank God for our little helpful forum! I do so love it.

I drove a stock 3.5, a stock 5.0 and my 5.0 (my 2010) with the performance upgrade. Yes it is noticable and worth the price. 5.0 to 5.0 enhanced, it just pulls a lot harder all through the range.

I still want more though! My goal is a reliable 500HP, I am waiting to see how far Dinan takes it. That's only another 50Hp - 60HP from where we are at now with the factory existing software only performance upgrade.

More boost = more power simple enough, but the trick is how much on premuim gas before detonation and over pressure become damaging. I'll bet that BMW has left a good bit on the table as OEM has to err to the conservative side.

I'd love to toy with a Juice Box type product but seems a bit risky.

Also, this vehicle needs an an airbox, being a lower production vehicle I wonder if K&N ever will make one for the X6 5.0?

That in conjucntion with a better exhaust should lend a few more horsies with no stress on the sytem (combined maybe 10-15 realistically), albeit mostly at higher rpm's.

Nowadays you don't get that much from catback systems as OEM exhaust are pretty freeflowing, I'll take a system with just a few HP's if it toughens the sound up to my liking.

I figure I have the winter to wait it out for Dinan, etc.
I also had to educate my dealer on the 7RR package. They were clueless. Anyways, I'm looking forward to being able to tune my 50i to about 500hp as well. I've heard that some tuning(ECU, ect..) can actually increase your fuel economy. Are you guys aware of that?
Appreciate 0