12-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #7
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M & X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Looks like a set of Continental DWS's there in the snow, right? We could use a write up of your thoughts on how well (or poorly) they performed in the white stuff. Dedicated winter tires would not make any sense for me so I bought the DWS's for my '12 X5d and would welcome a private opinion from someone with them. Are they as good as the reviews say they are in the snow?

Thanks in advance!
Yes they are DWS, honestly I am very impressed with them in the snow. So far I would have to say they are every bit as good as the reviews say. I do plan to run them this winter then in the summer I will pick up some aftermarket wheels and run the DWS on them and put true winter tires on these wheels likely 275mm all around. I have had them in some deeper snow and they did good that's the one issue I see the tread lugs aren't very deep vs a deticateted winter tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo-5 View Post
Can you give me some more info on this ECUprogrammer from Calgary? I tried googling and found nothing. Thanks!

http://www.ecuprogram.com/.

I am very happy to have found them, I have dealt with many tuning shops over the years and so far these guys are among the best. The two guys running it both are X5 guys the one just sold his E70 48i and the other has an X5M. The prices seem fair and they have done great work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grn.eyed.bandit View Post
Nice rides...especially that G!
Are those OEM wheels on your x5, or replicas?
They are reps, I wanted a cheaper used set as these will be the winter wheels. I had a couple deals on OEM silver wheels that fell apart and the last deal the guy actually had winter tires on the OEMs but he tried squeezing me for an extra $200 after I travelled an hour and a half to get them so I wasnt going home with out wheels so I jumped on these ones.

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 12-07-2012 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 0